Select the different categories of information to generate a personalized PDF file.
At Bronmetal we supply CuZn brass wire in rolls for cold stamping.
Annealed, semi-hard and hard state.
Brass is obtained from the alloy of copper Cu + zinc Zn and it has different qualities/characteristics depending on the proportion of each metal involved. Meanwhile, other materials may be involved in its composition, leading to combinations adapted to different requirements.
The malleability of brass thus depends on the temperature at which the substances are mixed and the proportion in which they are added.
Main properties of brass:
- It has greater machinability and ductility than other alloys.
- Solidity against wear.
- It has high electrical conductivity.
- It has excellent properties for welding.
- Brass is a metal that can easily be recycled. Its waste can be separated with ease and re-cast as many times as necessary.
- It does not alter at extreme temperatures, between -100ºC and 200ºC and it does not fade in light.
- It has high resistance to corrosion and rust, even in saline conditions.